Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Friday, April 22, 2011

One Month!




Friday, April 22

Luke is one month old today, or four weeks old?! Oh. my. gosh. Where did the last four weeks go?! We are trying to settle in to life as a family of three. I am still healing and anxious to be all better so I can be 100% for Luke. I am still going to physical therapy for my silly tail bone.



Here is what you are up to Luke!

You are 9lbs 8 oz as of Wednesday, April 20.

We call you our little froggy.

You wear some Carter's newborn clothes and three month jammies. Old Navy clothes 0-3 months fit you pretty well.

You are wearing Pampers Newborn size diapers.

You have put yourself on a semi-schedule for eating. You ea
t at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, then daddy gives you a bottle between 10pm-11pm, then you wake up between 2am and 3am to eat. This gives me a nice stretch of sleep in the beginning of the night and daddy sleeps well from 10pm- 7am.

Last night you slept from 9:30pm (we put you down TOO late!! OOPS!) until 4am (with a feed from dad at 1am. His alarm didn't wake him up at 11pm)

You love your paci as you fall asleep. You are a content and sweet baby. You get fussy when you get tired or need to burp (or poop!) You LOVE the bath every night and being dried by the hairdryer :-)

Today you smiled at me for the very first time intentionally (I think!) We were in bed and you were in the Boppy and I was kissing your little hands and you looked at me with your bright eyes and let out a BIG grin!! Maybe it was gas, but I am going to pretend it was real :-) You are starting to coo a teeny bit.

Your bedtime routine is:

7 pm you eat, then get a bath with a blow dry, then some naked tummy time, then we pray with you, then we put you down and you usually fall asleep on your own with your paci.

We LOVE you SO very much! We love watching you grow!



2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy 1 month Luke! Is crazy how fast time goes by huh?

Ashleigh said...

I cant believe you are already a month old Luke! Becca, your doing such a great job as a mommy :)