Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

11 Months!

You are almost ONE YEAR OLD! How did that happen? I cannot believe I say this every month to you... I fall in love with you and enjoy you more every single day. You are the sweetest boy!
This is what you are up to:

  • Wear size 4 diapers, 12 month clothes from Carters (they are a little big still!) a size 3 shoe
  • You weigh around 19 pounds (not sure how long you are!)
  • For the first time in ELEVEN months, you slept through the night! (7pm to 630am) I was literally thanking God all day long!
  • You are consistently taking two naps a day. (one around 930 am and 130pm) You wake up after an hour, so in the afternoon I put you in your swing and you sleep for at least an extra hour. (Do they make swings for toddlers???)
  • You are night weaned! We worked on this last week. Daddy would come in your room when you woke up and offer you a sippy cup of water. You will wake up once a night and he goes in and holds you and offers you the water. I think he enjoys this snuggle time and you are totally okay with this (before you only wanted to nurse!) I think this was because you were ready! I am SO thankful we didn't really have to do much cry it out. Now that you are not nursing at night, you are sleeping a lot better. I do really miss those cuddle times at night, but I cannot believe how good sleep feels!
  • You still nurse 4 times a day... I am not sure when we will wean; if you wean yourself (before you are 18 of course), or if I will nudge you along. I had no idea how much we would both love this experience.
  • You have started walking! You are getting more confident each day... You have taken up to 20 ish steps at a time but you will not start on your own.
  • We gave you a baby doll and you have started giving her kisses. It is SO adorable! Then you will give us kisses. It. Melts. My. Heart.
  • You are a TOTAL mama's boy (yes, I secretly love this even if it means I have NO space!) We are working on you playing by yourself for times throughout the day.
  • You absolutely love your Grandpa. We went to Bend a few weekends ago and you reached for him and cried when we were leaving. It is so special that you will have this incredible relationship.
  • Everyday when Daddy gets home and we hear the garage door you get really excited. You squeal with delight when he comes home.
  • You have two more teeth on the top. This has been rough this month. You have been chewing on your fingers, making them raw... We are encouraging a paci.
  • You finally need a haircut. We want that hair to keep sticking up on its own, so without gel, we think it might need to be shorter :-) Plus, your hair is past your ears!
This is what happened when we tried to lay you down next to your giraffe... You love to be on the move!
think I will do a 12 month update and then be done with the updates... I am keeping a baby book, and email account for you, and making a yearly book for you so I need to narrow this process down!

No comments: