Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Odd Things About Me... : )

Tarah and Katie tagged me to write about ten weird/odd/random things or facts/habits about myself. I don't know if I have ten, and there are only a handful of people reading this but here it goes:

1. Erik refers to my toes as "bottle openers" I admit that they are a little weird but they curve up just a bit.

2. When I was little, my sister and I were painting a huge pumpkin on a cardboard box for a carnival at school. My mom left us in the kitchen to paint and came back and we managed to take off all our clothes and cover ourselves from head to toe in black and orange.

3. When I was 6, my best friend dared me to take an m & m out of the bulk candy in Safeway. Then she turned around and told my mom. My mom made me go PAY for the thing and the lady said I needed to pay 1/2 a cent. I was so confused.

4. I have Terrien's Marginal Corneal Degeneration. Its an eye condition that happens to men over 45. Its where one of my eye's cornea degenerates over time. Yes, I know...

5. When I was in middle school, my friend and I flew by ourselves to California. In the Burbank airport, we met and took a picture with Bruce Vilanche, he was the rather large guy on Hollywood Squares with blond curly hair and red glasses.

6. My mom wanted to instill good financial habits in me when I was young, so she signed me up for a credit card at 10 years old. She would wait in the car and I would grocery shop. We both loved it. I went to the bank the first time when I was 5 to get my first savings account.

7. I started working in my family's toy store (The Zoo) in Sunriver when I was 7 years old. I stocked all the toys and did the cash register.

8. I had Lasik eye surgery two years ago. I don't have to wear glasses or contacts anymore, YAY!!!!!!

9. When I was 14 I got my belly button pierced with a friend. We drove to Salem with her older sister. We were so rebellious.

10. I ice skated competitively for several years when I was young. My mom made all my outfits and I would go to practice before elementary school and after school until bed. I loved it.

I have no one to tag because I only read Tarah and Katie's blogs. So, girls, wanna do it again!? : ) Just kidding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca, I have been waiting for this. Hmmm, very interesting facts I sure didn't know about you.
Love these blogs!

So next weekend you will be moving. Have fun!!

Love,
Grandma Nancy

Tarah said...

Fun!! How come grammy comments on your blog and not mine?? JK.
I didn't know you were an ice skater! Want to come over and help us teach the boys? They are really bad, even with the walker thing.

Good luck with your move.

Anonymous said...

I just found out today that I have Terrien's. There's not a lot of info online. Any information you can pass along would be helpful!

onemorediamond@aol.com