Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Charlie and Chicken

We have two adorable dogs, Hannah and Charlie. Hannah is quiet, sweet, well mannered, and not the brightest crayon in the box. Charlie is hyper, crazy, cuddly, and crazy. We adopted Hannah first and never needed to crate her while we were away. Charlie on the other hand, needs to be locked up every time we leave! We learned the hard way in the beginning when we came home to our laptop computer (while we were in college) and all the keys had been eaten off. Charlie has done a host of crazy things, but yesterday topped it off.

Yesterday morning, I put three frozen chicken breasts on the counter in a dish to defrost for a bit (I was trying to be super prepared and have dinner all ready when Erik came home). Usually we make sure all the food is off the counter because Charlie has the ability to JUMP on the barstools and UP on the counter. I was upstairs feeding Luke and we were on our way to run an errand. I noticed that the dish I left the chicken in was empty. I thought for a second that Erik had put them in the fridge or something (sleep deprived!) Then, I looked at Charlie, his wet beard, and his drooping tail and figured it out. HE ATE THREE FROZEN CHICKEN BREASTS!

I put the dogs in their crates and ran out the door to pick up Erik to go run an errand. As I told Erik, he suggested I called the vet, just in case. I called our vet and she said that dogs with digestive issues are prescribed a chicken diet and well... Charlie clearly had enough chicken (for a lifetime). She said to bring him in and they could induce vomiting. The $$$ in my head were flashing. Our vet is 20 minutes away... 1 tired baby during nap time + 1 sick dog=NO FUN. I called another vet (2 minutes from our house) and the receptionist was shocked that we had a 20 pound dog and not a lab! The vet she spoke with was cracking up. She said to just watch him throughout the day...

Good news is Charlie is doing much better than yesterday (view the video below), bad news is... he made a MESS in the office today from being sick.

Oh Charlie.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

This is an awesome video. I was laughing so much that Lane finally asked me what was so funny from the next room... If its not one child vomiting its the other, right?

Sara said...

Oh Charlie! Glad he is feeling better!

The Lovely One said...

(Your header picture is so stinkin' cute!)

Poor puppy! How his little stomach could even hold 3 chicken breasts is beyond me!