Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Retraction

Yesterday, I posted how incredible Luke's weekend was in regards to sleeping. Last night did not go so well. Hopefully it was because he was adjusting to being home. Just so I can remember the looooong nights, this was last night:

6:45pm-in crib, went to sleep on his own
11:45pm-fussing, made Erik try to pacify him
12:00am-still upset, go into nurse (of course he goes right back to sleep)
1:45am-fussing; Erik goes in again... I am exhausted.
4:00am-fussing/crying; it has been four hours so I go in and nurse him (again, he goes right back to sleep)
6:00am-really, Luke??? You are up AGAIN??? Usually if I nurse you at four, you sleep till AT LEAST SEVEN.

Obviously you would think that Luke would want to nap a lot today. But every single book I have read says: sleep begets sleep. Clearly, he did not want to nap.

This is what we looked like when Luke woke up forty five minutes into his nap, but he was soooo tired, so I held him. (I sat like this for an HOUR)

Let's be honest... I am exhausted. Last night was pretty typical of the last two months. I have not slept more than 3 hours in a stretch for months. Even though we are in a rough patch, I cannot help but to smile when I see this little cutie:
Luke, even in the exhaustion, you melt my heart!!!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Oh I hope you get some quality sleep soon Becca!! And yes he is a cutie and look how awake he looks playing outside lol
It can be rough, hang in there!!