Erik & Becca

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace and you trust in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Sunday, September 30, 2007

1 week down, 9 to go!

Well we are officially through our first week of school! Erik is taking some pretty tough classes this term, so he has already started in on the homework... His junior project is to build a robot that can clean a window. It is called Winrobo. He is in a group with three other guys. The prof. decided on the groups by having everyone in the class take personality tests. So she grouped them up by who would work best together... Interesting... I am not even sure how they will begin the process of creating this robot, I would have no idea where to start!

I have class till 7 on Monday and Tuesdays. Those I would have to say are long days. I work at Java II, a coffee shop on campus at 8 in the morning then I go all day. Thursday's I student teach, and praise the Lord on Friday I do not have class or anything! I am so thankful for Fridays! Now that I am in all the senior education classes it is the same 25 people in all my classes. That is actually a blessing. Easy to get in touch for projects and homework questions.

Erik also has the same several people in all of his classes. It is really great for him because he has such challenging work.

We had a busy busy weekend! Saturday we both worked at the coffee shop until 1:30, then had lunch with some friends, then went to the Beaver game. (we lost pretty bad...) We all left at half time and came back to our house to watch the rest of the game.''

School and being married are better than I could have ever expected. Even though we are busy, I am so thankful I get to wake up next to my best friend every morning. I had high hopes for being married and living together, and so far it has been even better than expected. God is very good to us. We are continually thanking Him for bringing us together and blessing us with such a deep friendship with each other.

Have a great great week everyone! : )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca, Sounds like a busy weekend. A robot????? WOW, I can't wait to see and hear more about how that is coming together. Way over my head!!!

We are proud of you guys and all of the decisions you are making together.

Keep those phone calls coming!!!!

Love, Mom H

Becca said...

Hey There!

Yes the robot is pretty crazy. They are just beginning the whole process. I have a feeling that he will be very busy with it this term : ) at least it is something fun though...

I will call on Wednesday, tomorrow is my long day! Have a great day off tomorrow.

Love you!
Becca

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog, Becca. What an assignment for Erik...very mind boggling for this Gram.
Loved visiting with you guys. I will write an email and tell you more about our trip to the coast.
Give my grandson a hug for me.
Love you both, Gram

Becca said...

Would love to hear about your trip to the coast! It was very fun to see you. I hope you got our little note : ) I am in class right now but when I get home tonight I will give him a big hug!

Hope you are doing great!

Love,
Becca

Tarah said...

hey Becca,
Sounds very busy! Sounds like you are having fun though! How do you support a man making a robot?? You can do it?!

Becca said...

Tarah-I am not really sure. I guess we shall see. I have heard words like suction cups and wheels and lots of other big words. : ) I will have to take pictures of this crazy thing and let everyone see them...